WATCH: Federal Officers Intervene to Chaos in Portland, Use Tear Gas to Clear Crowd

Despite Oregon and Portland public officials voicing their opposition to Federal officers in the city, they were still there last night and busy.

Video shows Federal officers cleared the crowd in front of the federal courthouse, where a fence had been taken down and a fire started, using pepper balls, flashbang and tear gas.

Per Jorge Ventura Media:

Federal Officers clearing the crowd from the Federal Courthouse and now pushing the crowd away from Lownsdale park #Portland

Portland Police tweeted:

Portland Police Bureau is aware federal law enforcement have deployed CS gas in the area of the Federal Courthouse. Avoid the area for safety.

Per Portland Police:

On Sunday, July 20, 2020, people gathered in front of the Mark O. Hatfield Federal Courthouse in downtown Portland. Hundreds of people stood blocking SW 3rd Avenue while dozens of others tampered with the fence around the courthouse.

At about 9:40 p.m. people in the crowd breached the fence enough to allow access to the area fenced off. The crowd chanted and pulled at the fence for about ninety minutes. At about 11:20 p.m. federal law enforcement came out of the courthouse for a few minutes and attempted to repair the fence, then went back inside.

At about 11:35 p.m. people began climbing the fence and at about 11:43 p.m. people pulled down the fence allowing access to the area in front of the courthouse. Dozens of people with shields, helmets, gas masks, umbrellas, bats, and hockey sticks approached the doors of the courthouse. Federal law enforcement came out of the courthouse at about 11:50 p.m. and dispersed the crowd.

Over the next two hours hundreds of people wandered around downtown Portland many regrouping on SW 3rd Avenue in front of the courthouse, in the adjacent parks and around the Justice Center. At 1:31 a.m. a person climbed onto the northwest corner of the Justice Center to tamper with a security camera. At 1:34 a.m. people lit a fire within the portico in front of the federal courthouse. Others gathered around the fire adding wood and other debris to make it larger.

At 1:42 a.m. federal law enforcement came out of the courthouse, dispersed the crowd and extinguished the fire.

Portland Police were not present during any of the activity described. Portland Police did not engage with any crowds and did not deploy any CS gas.

Videos from the same night:

One of the first things they burn? An American flag.

After setting up barricades & burning the American flag, antifa rioters are trying to grow the fire they set on the Portland federal courthouse.

And after the tear gas cleared, antifa rioters return to the Portland federal courthouse. They’re now using the fence they broke earlier to barricade front of the courthouse so that law enforcement can’t come out. #PortlandRiots Video by @ShelbyTalcott:

Andy Ngo also commented:

So the “Moms Against Brutality” group stand in support of rioters for the cameras & then leave once the rioting & arson attacks start. Antifa anarchists know they can’t win fight so they focus efforts on PR war, like Hamas. That’s why they use human shields, including kids.

Ngo was referring to this event earlier in the day: