VIDEO: Alyssa Milano Shares #MeToo Story She Says She Kept Quiet for 25 Years

Actress and liberal activist Alyssa Milano appeared on “The View” where she shared a personal #MeToo story that she says she has kept quiet for 25 years.

WATCH:

MSN reports the “Charmed” actor helped launch the #MeToo movement two years ago when she tweeted out a call to action asking women who had been sexually harassed or assaulted in the past to reply to the tweet with “me too.”

Milano, 45, said on her “Sorry Not Sorry” podcast on Monday that after filming “Who’s the Boss,” she was “working hard to break out of the box that my work as a child TV star was putting me in.” She began taking on more mature roles in which she portrayed intimate love and sex scenes. During this time, she claimed she was sexually abused on the set of a film.

Although she didn’t name the person involved or the film set that it happened on, Milano said that a man 17 years older than her, who she shared a love scene with, “took advantage of a moment of completee vulnerability [and] literal exposure.”

“[He] put his hand under my underwear and [tried] to force his fingers inside of me,” Milano said on her podcast. “He violated me on a set with cameras rolling.”

Milano explained on “The View” on Wednesday why she chose to speak out about the alleged abuse more than two decades later.

“I think it’s important for us in positions where we can speak on a platform to show that coming to terms with this and discussing these issues of sexual assault are very hard and they take a lot of years,” she said. “So much goes into the thought of admitting this, not only to the world, but to yourself. I have never really been ready for that where I’m ready to go inside my own soul and deal with my own sexual assault.”

Milano added that she was compelled to share her story after hearing those from other women around the world.

“They have given me the courage to not only share my stories, but to dive deep inside myself and figure out what that means to heal and to grow, and to continue on the path of moving this movement forward so that we can ensure that our children’s generation of women and men who are sexually assaulted never have to deal with this again,” Milano said. “Part of this for me was very personal, but also what I felt like I needed to do for the women that have shared their stories with me.”

This article was written by the staff of TheConservativeOpinion.com 

For more breaking political news click here.