President Trump has released a list of 20 potential supreme court justices picks and there are quite a few familiar names.
Texas Senator Ted Cruz is among the list.
Other names on the list include Senator Tom Cotton of Arkansas and Senator Josh Hawley of Missouri.
Others on the list, per Fox News:
Other names include:
– Bridget Bade, 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
– Paul Clement, former U.S. solicitor general
– Stuart Kyle Duncan, 5th Circuit
– Stephen Engel, assistant attorney general
– Noel Francesco, former solicitor general
– James Ho, 5th Circuit
– Gregory Katses, D.C. Circuit
– Barbara Lagoa, 11th Circuit
– Christopher Landau, U.S. ambassdor to Mexico
– Carlos Muniz, Florida Supreme Court
– Martha Packold, Northern District of Illinois
– Peter Phipps, 3rd Circuit
– Sarah Pitlyk, Eastern District of Missouri
– Allison Jones Rushing, 4th Circuit
– Kate Todd, deputy assistant to the president
– Lawrence Van Dyke, 9th Circuit
During an announcement at the White House, Trump said “Every one of these individuals will ensure equal justice, equal treatment and equal rights for citizens of every race, color, religion and creed.”
Trump also warned Biden would select “radical justices” he claims would “fundamentally transform America.”
Biden has not yet released a list of potential choices.
— GOP (@GOP) September 9, 2020