31 House Democrats in districts won by Trump will have to make a very difficult decision as to whether to vote for impeachment with the party and risk getting voted out in 2020.
It would take roughly 18 House Democrats to vote against impeachment to block the measure.
Per USAToday, Democratic Rep. Jeff Van Drew said Wednesday that he will vote against articles of impeachment that outline the case for President Trump’s removal from office, becoming the first Democrat to publicly say he will not vote with his colleagues.
The DailyCaller contacted all 31 Thursday and did not receive any definitive answers.
Per DC, All Democratic offices that responded had very similar messages, saying they have not yet made a decision and are still weighing out the facts.
These are the 31.
- Tom O’Halleran of Arizona
- Lucy McBath of Georgia
- Lauren Underwood of Illinois
- Cheri Bustos of Illinois
- Abby Finkenauer of Iowa
- Dave Loebsack of Iowa
- Cindy Axne of Iowa
- Jared Golden of Maine
- Elissa Slotkin of Michigan
- Haley Stevens of Michigan
- Angie Craig of Minnesota
- Collin Peterson of Minnesota
- Susie Lee of Nevada
- Chris Pappas of New Hampshire
- Jeff Van Drew of New Jersey
- Andy Kim of New Jersey
- Josh Gottheimer of New Jersey
- Mikie Sherrill of New Jersey
- Xochitl Torres Small of New Mexico
- Max Rose of New York
- Sean Patrick Maloney of New York
- Antonio Delgado of New York
- Anthony Brindisi of New York
- Kendra Horn of Oklahoma
- Matt Cartwright of Pennsylvania
- Conor Lamb of Pennsylvania
- Joe Cunningham of South Carolina
- Ben McAdams of Utah
- Elaine Luria of Virginia
- Abigail Spanberger of Virginia
- Ron Kind of Wisconsin
According to a new report from Politico, a small group of vulnerable Democrats in swing districts is floating the idea of censure instead of impeachment.
While they are unlikely to succeed, as the group has around 10 and they would need roughly 18 votes to block impeachment, their attempt shows a real fear among swing district Democrats that voting for impeachment in a district Trump won could mean losing in 2020.
The lawmakers listed by Politico floating censure include:
Reps. Josh Gottheimer (D-N.J.)
Kurt Schrader (D-Ore.)
Anthony Brindisi (D-N.Y.)
Ben McAdams (D-Utah.)
This article first appeared on TheConservativeOpinion.com