Pennsylvania Republicans say they will contest their state’s electors.
A group that includes Dan Meuser, Glenn Thompson, Mike Kelly, Scott Perry, Lloyd Smucker, Guy Reschenthaler, John Joyce, and Fred Keller cited the following reasons for their challenge.
- Accepting ballots past 8:00 pm on Election Day
- Not properly requiring signatures to match those on mail-in ballots or requiring dates
- Meanwhile, the matching of signatures was required at a polling site
- Authorizing the curing of mail-in ballots with less than a 24-hour’s notice
- Only some counties were informed and adhered to this order leaving voters treated unequally from county to county
- Authorizing the use of unsecure drop boxes, which is not permitted in statute
- Prohibiting certified poll watchers overseeing the canvassing of ballots in Philadelphia
“Until these unlawful practices are acknowledged and corrected, we cannot agree to support electors chosen based upon an inaccurate total vote count. The voters of Pennsylvania deserve integrity in the election process and equal protection under the law,” their statement says.