GOP Minority leader Kevin McCarthy has sent a letter to ABC demanding to know why they spiked reporting about pedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
Per WashingtonExaminer, earlier this month, Project Veritas released a video of ABC News reporter Amy Robach discussing the information she received years earlier from Epstein accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre on a hot mic.
The reporter can be heard expressing her frustration surrounding ABC News’s refusal to air the interview and claimed that the network made the decision after receiving threats from Buckingham Palace when they had found out Prince Andrew was implicated in the story. She also alleged that Epstein might have been murdered.
McCarthy, in his letter to Goldston, demands answers behind the network’s decision not to air Robach’s story. He asks the network six questions and they are:
1. Will ABC News provide Congress the interview Ms. Robach conducted with the victim?
2. What did ABC News learn about Jeffrey Epstein after Ms. Robach first presented her story to executives?
3. Who was involved win deciding this story was not of public interest, and what were there reasons for deciding so?
4. Can Ms. Robach expand on the “outside forces” she mentioned as potentially responsible for the story not running?
5. Was ABC News ever presented with additional evidence on Mr. Epstein from the time Ms. Robach first brought her investigation too the network and when he ultimately arrested?
6. Were authorities alerted at any time after Ms. Robach presented ABC News executives with her reporting? If so, when and what was provided?