While touting the candidacy of former Vice President Joe Biden, former Secretary of State John Kerry made the provocative claim that there was never a “whiff of scandal” during the Obama-Biden era.
I believe Joe Biden is the only person who has the set of relationships around the world, who has had this unbelievable breadth of experience as Chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee and then as vice president for eight years, and an administration, by the way, which never had a whiff of scandal.
John Kerry: "Biden … has had this unbelievable breadth of experience as chairman of the foreign relations committee and then as vice president for eight years, and an administration, by the way, which never had a whiff of scandal." pic.twitter.com/JSDXMQlYpI
— Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) January 10, 2020
Social media users were quick to blast Kerry over the highly questionable claim.
John Kerry says there was not a ‘whiff of scandal’ during Obama’s 8 years.
Fast & Furious
Cash to Iran
Spying on Trump
Do I need to list more?
— Ryan Fournier (@RyanAFournier) January 12, 2020
John Kerry “Obama didn’t have a Whiff of a Scandal” pic.twitter.com/TitnJdayu3
— RHam (@Cherokee_Ham) January 11, 2020
Perhaps John Kerry needs a refresher…
1. IRS targets Obama’s enemies: The IRS targeted conservative and pro-Israel groups prior to the 2012 election. Questions are being raised about why this occurred, who ordered it, whether there was any White House involvement and whether there was an initial effort to hide who knew about the targeting and when.
2. Benghazi: This is actually three scandals in one:
- The failure of administration to protect the Benghazi mission.
- The changes made to the talking points in order to suggest the attack was motivated by an anti-Muslim video
- The refusal of the White House to say what President Obama did the night of the attack
3. Watching the AP: The Justice Department performed a massive cull of Associated Press reporters’ phone records as part of a leak investigation.
4. Rosengate: The Justice Department suggested that Fox News reporter James Rosen is a criminal for reporting about classified information and subsequently monitored his phones and emails.
5. Potential Holder perjury I: Attorney General Eric Holder told Congress he had never been associated with “potential prosecution” of a journalist for perjury when in fact he signed the affidavit that termed Rosen a potential criminal.
6. The ATF “Fast and Furious” scheme: Allowed weapons from the U.S. to “walk” across the border into the hands of Mexican drug dealers. The ATF lost track of hundreds of firearms, many of which were used in crimes, including the December 2010 killing of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.
7. Potential Holder Perjury II: Holder told Congress in May 2011 that he had just recently heard about the Fast and Furious gun walking scheme when there is evidence he may have known much earlier.
8. Sebelius demands payment: HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius solicited donations from companies HHS might regulate. The money would be used to help her sign up uninsured Americans for ObamaCare.
9. The Pigford scandal: An Agriculture Department effort that started as an attempt to compensate black farmers who had been discriminated against by the agency but evolved into a gravy train delivering several billion dollars in cash to thousands of additional minority and female farmers who probably didn’t face discrimination.
10. GSA gone wild: The General Services Administration in 2010 held an $823,000 training conference in Las Vegas, featuring a clown and a mind readers. Resulted in the resignation of the GSA administrator.
Even More here.
This article first appeared on TheConservativeOpinion.com