WATCH: “De-Arrest Him!” Portland rioters attempt but fail to stop arrest

During an extremely bizarre moment in Portland last night, the 100th straight day of unrest in the city, Rioters attempted to stop a arrest despite being vastly outnumbered.

The rioters screamed “De-Arrest Him! De-Arrest Him!” but failed to stop the arrest.

They then ended up running away while the arrest was taking place.

The night was declared a riot.

According to Portland Police:

“Multiple fire bombs, mortars, rocks, and other items were thrown at law enforcement during a riot Saturday night in Southeast Portland.

A crowd gathered at Ventura Park and, at about 9:00p.m., began a march in the street toward East Portland Community Policing Center. East Precinct is an active, working police station and has been the target of arsonists, vandals, and violence in past demonstrations. It is directly adjacent to occupied townhomes and across the street from a school and a community event center. Many in the crowd were carrying large shields (photo) and dressed in protective gear including helmets, gas masks, body armor, and all black clothing. It was clear that the intent of the crowd was not peaceful protest. Therefore officers were positioned in such a way that prevented the march from reaching East Precinct. A police vehicle outfitted with a loudspeaker advised the crowd that, for the safety of city employees and all community members, the march would not be allowed to proceed that direction.

At about 9:15p.m, as the crowd approached officers, individuals began throwing multiple fire bombs at officers. One of them caught a community member on fire. Officers later located the injured person and Portland Fire and Rescue medics offered treatment. The injured person was later taken to a hospital by private vehicle.

This criminal activity presented an extreme danger to life safety for all community members, and prompted a declaration of a riot. The crowd was advised over loudspeaker that it was a riot and they were to leave the area to the east immediately. They were warned that failure to adhere to this order may subject them to arrest, citation, or crowd control agents, including, but not limited to, tear gas and/or impact weapons. Individuals within the crowd began throwing illegal fireworks/mortars at officers. Others were seen throwing rocks. At least one had a “wrist-rocket” type of slingshot launching unknown objects. In order to defend themselves from these assaults, officers used crowd control munitions, including tear gas. Officers made numerous targeted arrests.”