While most polling looks downright depressing for President Trump and his supporters, one outlier battleground state poll from American Principles Project (APP) and SPRY Strategies shows a much tighter race.
In this poll, Trump holds a narrow lead in 3 extremely key swing states – Michigan, North Carolina and Pennsylvania.
Today, American Principles Project and SPRY Strategies released polling results from ten battleground states: Arizona, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Montana, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Wisconsin. The states were selected due to their expected competitiveness this November in either the presidential race, a U.S. Senate race, or both.
Terry Schilling, executive director at American Principles Project, released the following statement about the polling results:
It is clear from our polling that the reports of President Trump’s impending electoral doom are greatly exaggerated. While the Trump campaign still has much work to do in defining Joe Biden as a feckless enabler of the worst elements of the radical left, the fundamentals of this race are encouraging. While Trump currently trails in some battlegrounds, he also leads in several states where many political pundits have already written him off.
On hot-button issues, the survey results were also very interesting. Black Lives Matter is very popular, until voters learn what Black Lives Matter actually supports — then it becomes very unpopular. Voters hate the idea of biological males competing against female athletes in women’s sports. They strongly oppose minors being subjected to sex changes or gender conversion therapy. They want to protect kids from online pornography, and they want Big Tech companies to allow free speech and free expression on their platforms.
Politicians on both sides of the aisle would be wise to heed these results, as these issues are likely to play a big role in the fall campaign.
The top-line results are rounded and listed below (click the state links for full reporting):
- Arizona: Biden 49%, Trump 45%
- Georgia: Trump 49%, Biden 46%
- Iowa: Biden 48%, Trump 46%
- Kentucky: Trump 60%. Biden 34%
- Michigan: Trump 50%, Biden 45%
- Montana: Trump 52%, Biden 42%
- North Carolina: Trump 49%, Biden 46%
- Pennsylvania: Trump 48%, Biden 47%
- Texas: Trump 49%, Biden 45%
- Wisconsin: Biden 46%, Trump 45%
- Arizona: Kelly 48%, McSally 41%
- Georgia: Perdue 46%, Ossoff 44%
- Georgia: (Special): Collins 29%, Lieberman 23%, Loeffler 19%, Tarver 9%
- Iowa: Greenfield 45%, Ernst 43%
- Kentucky: McConnell 55%, McGrath 33%
- Michigan: Peters 47%, James 37%
- Montana: Daines 47%, Bullock 44%
- North Carolina: Cunningham 40%, Tillis 40%
- Texas: Cornyn 47%, Hegar 37%