BREAKING: Iran Says They are “Ready for War,” U.S. Says They Faked Evidence

This story is developing.

Per TheStar Iran’s Revolutionary Guard shot down a U.S. surveillance drone Thursday in the Strait of Hormuz, marking the first time the Islamic Republic directly attacked the American military amid tensions over Tehran’s unraveling nuclear deal with world powers.

The two countries disputed the circumstances leading up to an Iranian surface-to-air missile bringing down the U.S. Navy RQ-4A Global Hawk, an unmanned aircraft with a wingspan larger than a Boeing 737 jetliner and costing over $100 million.

WATCH:

From TheSun

IRAN has been accused of using a fake photo in an attempt to ‘prove’ a US drone was over its territory before being shot down.

State-run IRNA news agency shared an image of a damaged drone falling to Earth to illustrate its report.

But in a shocking twist it subsequently emerged that the same image – albeit in a wider crop – was previously used on a report of a drone being shot down over Yemen two year’s ago.

 

Iran’s state-run IRNA news agency released this picture – which has now been branded a fake that actually shows a drone being shot down over Yemen.

Iran’s state-run IRNA news agency released this picture – which has now been branded a fake that actually shows a drone being shot down over Yemen.

The same photograph – albeit in a wider crop – had previously appeared in a two-year-old report of a spy drone being shot down over Yemen in 2017

When revealing Iran had shot down the drone, the country’s state-run IRNA news agency released a picture of an aircraft appearing to spiral towards Earth.

It claimed the image showed a RQ-4 Global Hawk, a US military drone, being blasted out the sky over Iranian territory.

However the same photograph had previously appeared in a two-year-old report of a spy drone being shot down over Yemen in 2017.

That report quoted Yemeni military sources as saying it showed an American MQ 9 drone falling to Earth near the country’s capital Sanaa – and included pictures of the crashed drone burning on the ground.

It wasn’t immediately clear whether Iran mistakenly shared the old image or whether it was a deliberate attempt at spreading misinformation.

Questions over the image come just days after the US announced plans to deploy more than 1,000 additional troops to the Middle East following bomb attacks on two oil tankers.

You Might Like

Photos released by the Pentagon appear to prove Iran’s Revolutionary Guard were behind the bomb attacks on the tankers in the Gulf of Oman.