Biden admin sued over “shockingly deplorable” conditions at child migrant custody sites

According to a new report from CBS News “Lawyers representing children in U.S. immigration custody asked a federal court on Monday to order the release of migrant teenagers from two emergency housing sites in Texas where minors have reported mental distress, substandard conditions, prolonged stays and inadequate services.”

Per the report:

In their lawsuit before the U.S. District Court in Los Angeles, the attorneys accused the Biden administration of violating the 1997 Flores Settlement Agreement and its rules regarding the treatment of migrant children, which the federal government is legally obliged to follow.

At the center of the 31-page complaint are two makeshift housing facilities for unaccompanied migrant children that the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) established this spring at the Fort Bliss U.S. Army base and a camp for oil workers in Pecos, a remote town in west Texas.

The suit marks the first time the Biden administration has been sued by attorneys responsible for ensuring the government is complying with the Flores Agreement. The complaint, which includes testimony from more than a dozen children in U.S. care, expands on reporting about the emergency sites, which do not have child-welfare licenses, unlike traditional HHS shelters.

A 16-year-old migrant girl from El Salvador said in a court declaration” My anxiety attacks have been abnormal here — they have gotten worse since I arrived at Pecos. I have had about 3 or 4 anxiety attacks since I have been here.”

Another 17 year Honduran girl said “I am very concerned that there are so many kids who have been here for over 60 days,” adding that she was “depressed” because they were not being released to their relative.

Last week, Fox obtained photos of ‘shocking’ conditions at the border.

WATCH: