According to a new report from Fox News “the Biden administration has reportedly spent $3 billion in contracts to house unaccompanied children at the border – as it continues to deal with a continued influx of migrants coming to the border each day.”
“The Associated Press reports that the government has awarded about $3 billion in contracts since February, more than $2 billion of which were “no-bid” contracts awarded to three recipients,” the report adds.
Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said Friday “we’re down to about 1,830 people per day right now,” he said, referring to encounters at the border. “Unfortunately, we’re still seeing a fairly high population of migrant children are coming across – 270 a day right now, the last 21 days.”
Last month, appearing on the Today show, President Biden suggested former President Trump is to blame for problems at the border.
Biden told Craig Melvin he inherited “one god-awful mess at the border” and also suffered from “the failure to have a real transition — cooperation from the last administration, like every other administration has done.”
Biden elaborated by saying “the two departments that didn’t give us access to virtually anything were the immigration and the Defense Department.”
Biden also said Trump had fired so many that they were “understaffed considerably.”